Love running? Here are some funny and motivational running quotes to keep you going.
When I first started running, the internet provided me with a wealth of hilarious running memes and inspirational running quotes.
I don’t know what it is about memes and quotes, but they are a bit of fun when you need that little pick me up after a particularly grueling run or if you’re lacking motivation.
Everyone loves a good quote, so inspired by a recent article by Women’s Running, I thought I’d create a list of my favourite funny and motivational running quotes.
Be sure to check out my post on 45 thoughts every runner has while out for a run for some bonus content.
Here are my top 21 funny and motivational running quotes.
Funny and motivational running quotes
- “I’ve got 99 problems but I’m going for a run to ignore them all for an hour”
2. “It’s not the distance you must conquer in running, it’s yourself”
3. “I don’t run to add days to my life, I run to add life to my days”
4. “Running reminds me that even in your weakest moments, you are strong”
5. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you”
6. “Life is short. Running makes it longer”
7. “The body achieves what the mind believes”
8. “It doesn’t matter how slowly you go, as long as you don’t stop”
9. “Let your legs do the running, your mind do the pacing, and your heart do the pushing”
10. “A good laugh and a long a run are the two best cures for anything”
11. “Running has taught me that I am capable of so much more than I ever imagined”
12. “One run can change your day, many runs can change your life”
13. “Running. Cheaper than therapy”
14. “You only ever grow as a human being if you’re out of your comfort zone”
15. “A 12 minute mile is just as far as a 6 minute mile”
16. “Remember, that feeling you get from a run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running”
17. “I run because it’s good for me. Also because I like to eat. And drink a lot”
18. “You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running”
19. “That awkward moment when you’re wearing Nike and you just can’t do it”
20. “Hills are great. Said no runner ever!”
21. “Log off. Shut down. Go run”